As a key element of our Smart Tan initiative, Healthy Glow follows the FDA's recommendation to allow 24 hours between sunbed sessions. The skin needs 24 hours to process and build color after a tanning session. Allowing 24 hours between sessions actually maximizes color development.
Join Us. TAN SMART. TAN WITH CONFIDENCE.
Achieve the perfect sunbed color
The sun. It’s the fundamental ingredient for all life forms. Through its light, warmth and radiant energy, the sun provides the basis for all life on our planet. It stimulates the mind and the soul. It provides a sense of inner peace and well-being that both comforts and energizes. When the sun is shining, spirits are lifted and rejuvenated.
How Do We Tan?
The sun creates UV light, which is responsible for tanning and is divided into 2 categories: UVA or UVB.
UVA’s main role in the tanning process is oxidizing melanin, the browning pigment that tans the skin. UVB triggers melanin production in the skin. Both types of UV rays play a significant role and are needed for a balanced tanning process.
Tan a Shade Smarter
Follow the recommended exposure schedule for your skin type. If you’re unsure or have questions regarding your skin type, consult with your certified Palm Beach Tan consultant, who will advise you on the proper procedures.
Golden Rules of Tanning
Your guide to achieving the perfect sunbed color.
Know Your Skin Type
- Follow the recommended exposure schedule for your skin type.
- If you’re unsure of or have questions regarding your skin type, talk with a PBT consultant who will advise you on the proper procedures.
Never Rush a Tan
- Never try to hurry a tan, and always consult your salon’s tanning professional.
- Never tan more than once a day.
- Retain your desired color by tanning 1–3 times a week, depending on the level of the bed.
- Try a Cocktail Tan as an alternative to your weekly regimen.
Apply Skincare Products
- Use lotions before and after tanning to keep an attractive tan looking better longer.
- Use an indoor tanning lotion to accelerate and maximize the appearance of your tan.
- Choose from an array of tanning skin care products that are designed to work with any skin type and tanning level .
Wear Protective Goggles
- Always wear protective eye goggles when tanning.